Friday, August 20, 2010

I cannot run 2 computers at home at the same time, plz help!?

I cannot have 2 computers online at the same time, I have At%26T %26 a Linksys router, the laptop can't Connect wireless. If I am online on the desktop computer, then my DH (Dear Husband) cannot get on and vice Versa, has anyone else had this problem since Bellsouth became At%26T?



I cannot run 2 computers at home at the same time, plz help!?photoshop



You need to find out if you provider (AT%26T) supports Dynamic or Static IP assignment. I am only familiar with cable modem connections, so if you have DSL it may be different, but any cable broadband provider that is worth a cent has dynamic IP assignment. If you have static you need to get the IPs from your provider and they should be able to walk you through setting them up. I am also assuming you have a Windows system, it would be different on a MAC so I need more info to give any specific hints. I find the MOST problems occur when using a desktop/tower CPU with a version of Windows BEFORE Vista, such as XP, Me, of 2000, and a laptop with wireless Vista. FYI, Vista absolutely hates being networked with non-vista machines. If you have two different Windows OSes and one of them is Vista, I recommend you upgrade the other machine to Vista as well as a first step.



I cannot run 2 computers at home at the same time, plz help!?symatec



well i don't know if this will help but my wife has a laptop(toshiba) running xp and i have a desk top running xp.



we have a belkin wireless router that hers picks up and i have a d-link usb wireless on mine. we use a small local company for isp and have had only a few problems due to weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment