Friday, August 20, 2010

What is considered technical assistance when it comes to computers?

I was terminated for the allegation of an inmate providing technical assistance on a state computer. In reality the inmates had been allowed to use a free standing computer for years to input culinary and inmate property info. We copied the programs and put them into the staff computers. None of the staff members knew how to use the property program. I was the property officer for 3 months before I knew of the property program. I wanted to use it and thought it would be a great aid for property. The inmate showed me how to use the program. That is what I was terminated for. The regulation reads: An inmate shall not be called upon under any cicumstance to provide technical assistance or otherwise assist staff with the resolution or attempted resolution of any computer problems, computer system problems.



The problem I am having is that the computer was not broken. nothing technical happened, we were in transition from inmate to officer use. No training provided for this program.



What is considered technical assistance when it comes to computers?symatec



Any interpretation involving computers is technical assistance. Nevertheless, you can file a protest for illegal dismissal if the allegation is not true or very technical to merit a termination.

No comments:

Post a Comment