Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I want to sell computers.?

I build my own computers from parts I purchase. I would like to start selling them on Ebay and such, if possible. I want to sell the computers with Windows installed. Does this mean i have to sell the computer with Windows installed, and buy one brand new copy of windows with every PC that I want to sell. Please leave regards as to what other technicalities that I would have to look out for if I am able to do this.



I want to sell computers.?agv



The first respondent has some valid points.



If you do go ahead with the project be sure to buy OEM licensed copies of Windows rather than the retail boxes.



They will cost much less %26 as a PC manufacturer you are legally entitled to buy %26 sell this type of licensing.



Pricing of OEM :



http://www.nextag.com/vista-oem/search-h...



http://www.nextag.com/Microsoft-Windows-...



People overpay on eBay all the time. I saw one guy sell Vaio notebooks over %26 over again at $1000 more than they cost elsewhere.



I salute your initiative .... just don't mortgage your home to start this project. Begin small %26 invest your profits into growing your business.



regards,



Philip T



I want to sell computers.?antivirus software



Here's the deal (from someone who's done it): companies like Dell, Gateway, HP... well, you get the idea, buy millions of parts, every month... so how much cheaper do you think you can buy your mobo, or video card for, than they do? Answer... you can't! Think about the time %26 cost at building a machine (about a $3000 machine can be built for half or less) but can you sell it for that $3000? Ans. NO! why? becuase (and this is where they kill us) the Monitors, Keyboards, speakers, etc). They also get those things for pennies on the dollar; we just plain can't, and it's difficult to compete! Now, selling on Ebay? it's a crap shoot. You may be able to get good deal on monitors, buying in bulk, but can you compete with users who don't know the difference? no! That's why these companies can advertise absolute crap computers for $499 or less, and ppl will buy them... then complain that their systems are slooooooow.

No comments:

Post a Comment