Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need to see my workgroup computers in my wireless lan.?

I HAVE A WIRELESS LAN IN MY OFFICE (CONTAINING 7 COMPUTERS)THAT I NEED TO SET UP, BUT AFTER CONNECTING COMPUTERS TO THE WIRELESS LAN AND SETTING UP A WORKGROUP, I STILL CANNOT ACCESS REMOTE COMPUTERS IN THE WORK GROUP. THE COMPUTERS CANNOT SEE THEMSELVES.



I need to see my workgroup computers in my wireless lan.?auto protect



The Workgroup NAME on each computer needs to be the same.



IF you are assigning Static IP address, they have to be in the same range. I.E. 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.8



Open the command prompt Start - Run - Cmd and type



IPCONFIG /All on each computer. Take note of the IP Address assigned to each computer. Then on each try pinging the others. I.E. on the pc with ip of 192.168.0.1 type PING 192.168.0.2. If that is good then you have a good connection.



Turn off all your 3rd party firewalls and default your XP firewall.



I assume you are using XP PRO. XP HOME has a limit of five the number of pc's on a network. If you have 7 pc's they all should be XP PRO. Even one XP Home machine will gum up the works when you exceed five.



I need to see my workgroup computers in my wireless lan.?downloads



Several factors could cause this.. to start with, are you using Norton AV with firewall? Try turning off all firewalls, Windows included? Did you enable sharing? Can you see all the computer names in My Network Places?



I realize all the PC's are hosed right now.. but concentrate on just 2 of them. Use Google instead of Yahoo Answers because you'll get good answers much quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment