Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have 2 desktop computers, and 2 laptop computers, I want a wireless connection, what do I need to

I want all 4 of these computers to be connected to the internet. Do I need an adaptor for each computer?



I have 2 desktop computers, and 2 laptop computers, I want a wireless connection, what do I need to purchase?anti virus software



Hi,



You would need a wireless router (connects through USB port) for the computer that the internet comes directly through from your ISP, and wireless adapters for all the other computers. Some laptops have built in wireless networking features, and you could just enable those to get wireless internet on them after installing the wireless router. You would need an adapter for each of the computers that do not have built-in wireless networking capabilities, excluding the one that is directly connected to the internet line, and for that one you would need a router.



You probably also want a relatively fast internet connection because if you do not have one, it would make the wireless connection very slow, and it would not give very good internet on any of the computers, because the bandwidth of the internet connection would be distributed between multiple computers. Hope this helps!



--rbedi100



I have 2 desktop computers, and 2 laptop computers, I want a wireless connection, what do I need to purchase?aurora

No comments:

Post a Comment