Friday, August 20, 2010

My school computers have been running Windows Xp all year, yet they still have 30 days to activate.

Okay, I go to a school where all of the computers are running Windows XP like they have year, and I got a look at the system info and it says that they still have 30 days to activate Windows. This amazes me as they have been running Windows XP all year. Not only that, but there is no icon in the task bar saying to activate Windows. Is it illegal for the school to do this? I don't think that it is as each computer has an individual activation key code. Though I don't really care if it is illegal, how are they managing to do it? Hope that someone can shed some light on this situation. Thanks in advance for the answers.



My school computers have been running Windows Xp all year, yet they still have 30 days to activate. How?virus scanner



they are (im guessing) virtural machines,....



each time they are turned off each night, they 'refresh' to a prior set state.



hope this helps



My school computers have been running Windows Xp all year, yet they still have 30 days to activate. How?anti virus software



I think they do something in the Windowses.and the timer must be stop.i think this is essential to buy new CD key's though Microsoft.
They probably have a corporate version or the student teacher edition. Those are the only two versions of windows that I see do that. Either way is legal.
they must be using deepfreeze.. look for an ice covered computer icon , next to the clock
They are on a network XP was activated when it was installed on the server(s). The 30 day activation only applies to single PC's.

No comments:

Post a Comment