Monday, August 16, 2010

Networking problems with 2 computers running Vista and Xp?

I have 2 computers networked through a router, one is on Vista and one on Xp. Recently I lost internet connection, when it came on it wont work when hooked up to the router, only when directly connected to the computer. When I connect the router to them, and diagonse the connection, I get a error message that says '' Windows cannot connect to the DNS server'' But the internet is getting through the router but not the computer. Please Help!!!!



Networking problems with 2 computers running Vista and Xp?matchless



you need to go look at your options in your computer. it's not allowing it to work. wish i could tell you more. i dont have my book with me bro



Networking problems with 2 computers running Vista and Xp?norton 2008



Firstly u are brave using vista - still many driver issues and incompatibilities with this one.



Which machine is the error on or is it both? If you set the IP config urself on the pc(s) then maybe the routers ip addy has changed (god knows how/why though).



Try resetting the router to factory default.



If you know how to do an IPCONFIG and copy the results then post them on here or email them to me:



whoisthatchild@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment