Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Network Problem : Internet works, but can't communicate to any computers. What's wrong?

My XP computer is connected to the internet through a router. The router is wireless but my computer is connected with a wire. Every other computer is connecter wirelessly (1 xp laptop and 2 vista laptops). I have installed the ''Link Layer Topology Protocol'' needed for xp-vista communication.



Internet works for me and everyone else. Everyone can see everyone else except me. We are all in the same network group. I can ping all the computers by using their Ip address but not the computer name. I see nothing in ''My Network Places'' or in workgroup computers.



BUT, when I put in the name of my computer with the 2 slashes in the address bar, I can see everything. BUT, when I click on a shared folder, it says ''The network location cannot be reached.''



Network Problem : Internet works, but can't communicate to any computers. What's wrong?download



I don't have vista, but on XP you have to run the network wizard. In order to connect to all of the computers. Have you tried this. Mine is under control panel, network setup wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment