Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Career in computers.......?

I am looking to add to my current career in logistics with a degree in a computer field to make myself more promotable and make my resume a little more competitive if I choose to change companies. I am pretty good with computers, just don't know any nitty gritty stuff like programming or the things that IT techs need to know. However, I learn extremely fast.



Would a community college be my best course at obtaining this? I don't have a degree of any kind right now, but all of my GE's are completed except for like two classes.



Thanks,



Vince



Career in computers.......?downloads



You can look at community collage, but you might be able to find specific courses for Microsoft certifications that can be very useful now a days.



Also as an alternative to community collage would be see what you can find in an online course. I have a friend that is getting a degree in computer programming that he is taking online.



Career in computers.......?house call



I would definitely get computer courses from a community college. It's affordable and my teachers were always employed full time in the computer field. That was important to me because when it comes to computers and computing, the technology changes so fast that you need to be in the field not just teach it!



Regardless of what you choose for a career, you will always be more valuable to an employer if you are better than average in computing.



My profession is accounting but what made me more of an asset to my employer was my ability to create forms, spreadsheets and programs that I found useful to my job.



They also really appreciated the problem solving skills that I was able to bring to them. Being able to troubleshoot server and computer problems for the company saves both time and money for the employer. In my case I was not hired for my computer skills but I WAS compensated for them! And compensated very nicely!



  • do for extremely dry skin
  • keeping computer safe
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment