Monday, August 16, 2010

I need help in networking two computers?

I need your help again, in setting up our two computers via cross over cable. I have done the required configurations needed to share internet connection, printer and file. Worgroup name is same on both the computers and they show that they are connected @ 100.0 Mbps. When I go to ''Network Places'' and click on ''View Workgroup computers'' it says ''Workgroup is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact your network administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available''. (This happens both; the host and the client computer). As I run the NETWORK DIAGNOSTICS, the results displayed are pinging 192.168.0.1 request time out. Packets sent: 4, Lost: 4. (IP Subnet is: 255.255.255.0)



Any help is appreciated. Please reply fast.



I need help in networking two computers?network security



turn off any firewall software. The two PCs must be static IP addresses, and different from each other.



you might also make sure that the network cards are set for the same mode, ie 100/full duplex, etc.



I need help in networking two computers?norton internet security



They're right about win firewall -- you won't be able to ping w/ it turned on.

No comments:

Post a Comment